Constipation and vomiting brown liquid plus being unable to eat

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 15 subscribers

My husband has bile duct cancer. He has had chemo,gem & cis, along with targeted radiotherapy. He was doing okay until a scan showed spread into his peritoneum. Now he is not eating and has constipation that’s not shifting even with laxatives. He also vomits brown or green liquid. He has lost a lot of weight and has no energy. The doctor has given him calorie drinks, but he can barely drink one a day. I don’t know what to do.

• Hi Lizziesmum I am so very sorry to hear what is happening for you and your husband.

If you are concerned at all then pick up the phone and call the out of hours services as hubby may require to be seen by someone medically qualified to treat him for what is happening right now.

Please do come back and let us know how you get on.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi,I'm from the bladder board but I was concerned by your post.I think you ought to get medical advice urgently as your husband needs to have a bowel obstruction ruled out.I would ring 111 and tell them what you have written here.I'm not a doctor but your husband's symptoms need attention.If he is not eating or drinking much then he will be getting very dehydrated which is not good.Best wishes.Jane

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to winkers60

Thanks for your concern. We had spoken to the GP earlier in the week and they were not concerned, but I rang the oncology nurse yesterday afternoon and she sent an ambulance. He was dehydrated,but no obstruction,so they kept him in and gave him fluid.

• Hi,I'm so glad there was no obstruction.I do hope that your husband is feeling better for his rehydration and that his bowels will start working soon.It is good that you have an oncology nurse to liase with,do you have support for yourself ? Best wishes.Jane