Newbie to forum

• 11 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I was diagnosed with  stage 4 anal cancer last June which had already spread to liver by then and now to to a couple of lymph nodes. I've had 6months of chemo and start on radiotherapy  tomorrow,  feeling apprehensive as don't know what to expect,  the radiotherapy is to try and kill the lymph nodes cancer . Live on my own so nice to find a group with same type of cancer as I'm sick of using Google to try and find out what I want to know and giving me so many different answers. X

• Hi Chrissie, this sounds like the same treatment I had; the first chemo session was IV, but after that it was tablets. They gave me anti nausea pills too but I didn't need them, and although I didn't feel like eating much at least I wasn't feeling sick. The radiotherapy did eventually make me feel quite tired but I drove myself an hour there and back every day.

The staff were really supportive, so I'm sure you'll find that they will keep checking on you and make sure you are ok. If you find you have a sore undercarriage you can buy a sitz bath or portable bidet (both are quite small) and you'll be given loads of creams to help.

Please ask if you have any questions, there are loads of people here who will help. 

All the best with it.