Hi, My mum was diagnosed with anal cancer and has been going through radiotherapy and Chemo pills for the last 4 and half weeks. She has a week and half to go.

• 1 reply
  • 47 subscribers

Hi,

My mum was diagnosed with anal / bowel cancer and has been going through radiotherapy and Chemo pills for the last 4 and half weeks. She has a week to go. She is in so much pain with the radiotherapy and dont know how to help her. Do you have any advise for me. 

Thanks

• Hi  welcome to the group, I’m sorry to hear of  your mum’s situation. The good thing is that she’s almost through treatment. Although the treatment is short, it is full on and intense and does lead to side effects mostly from the radiotherapy. So what is the cause of your mum’s pain, is it skin breakdown in the area of the radiation or problems going to the toilet? The radiographers can be very helpful as well as the colorectal nurses. There are medications and creams for side effects. We all suffer in different ways, I had diarrhoea whereas some people go the other way and are constipated during treatment.  Please let us know what your mum’s issues are so we can give advice specific to her problems. Bev. 

1in1500