Newly diagnosed

• 12 replies
  • 49 subscribers
  • I'm saying hello but I'd really rather not because doing so means that I have Cancer!  I'm meeting a team tomorrow to discuss my treatment plan and I'm absolutely terrified. All I think about is dying what is going to be done to me. I have nightmares about people rummaging through my clothes in charity shops. I was diagnosed only a few weeks ago so maybe this self pity and overwhelming sense of doom willsubside. I'm usually a very happy, bouncy sort that takes a pride in her appearance but at the moment I'm the total opposite... I only get dressed when I have a hospital appointment. I think I'd manage a lot better if I had something for the pain and I could forget about it for at least a while and go for a walk or at the very least put a smile on my miserable face. Have others on this site felt like me?
  • Hi I’m linzey and quite new to this site . I also have that awful word and I’m having a stoma op Wednesday then hopefully finding out about my treatment!! 
    This is probably.. well definitely  the worst thing your ever going to have to face it’s so difficult and I know and so does everyone else on here how you feel ! But believe me you have found the right place ! The people on here will have you feeling better in no time .. as they did with me . I also felt so worried and just thought the worst but it’s completely natural . What I’ve done and I’m glad I have is I’ve managed to push all those thoughts out my head and focus on my treatment and getting better I’m thinking of spring and lighter nights and also what I can do once treatment is over ... I’m thinking of the good times ahead and thinking myself lucky that even though I do have this ‘thing’ the doctors are going to do something about it !! Your allowed to cry but please just try and get something that makes you happy even for just a minute... if u manage a minute you’ll manage more and more ! I also downloaded some really cheesy music the kind you’d dance to when you’d had a drink mainly 80’s pop !!!! Nothing depressing only happy stuff!! I’ve not once googled anything bad only positive things about recovery and getting better . And look you’ve already found this site and posted on it ..... definitely a positive!!!!! Sending you love . Linzey X x x 

• Ps .... I’m alternating between ibuprofen and paracetamol. And have a hot soak in the bath every night X x x 

• Hello @Mecca

Welcome to this site and so sorry you have had to join. We have all experienced the awful situation of coming to terms that we have cancer and treatment ahead. You are in the right place to ask questions and share experiences. Be brave, be strong and be positive. I am 6 weeks post treatment so all still very current. It is very scary not knowing what you have ahead but with the help and guidance here you will be through it before you know it and looking forward. Feel free to ask any questions and people will come back to you. Read previous posts and you will see lots of advice and guidance. I hope your planning meeting goes well, you will then know what you want to ask. Don’t be afraid, ask us anything at all! The success rate of total removal is really high so forget the Charity Shops and they are closed anywayWinkRofl. The treatment is not painful some effects are but we can help! 
    thinking of you and sending lots of positive thought 

Ruth x 

• That's what I'm taking at the moment but it's not helping. I can barely sit down. The hospital gave me some codeine but it gave me hallucinations... I actually thought I had a fish sploshing around in my head!!! Maybe I'll get some help tomorrow x

• Thank you, I like your positivity. The worst thing about the charity shop nightmare is that people were asking for a discount Open mouthxx

• Oh my goodness you poor thing !! Sitting down is getting tricky I do tend to sit on a load of cushions rather than something flat . And kind of just on my right seat bone rather than both .  I’m so sorry your in this much pain !! I’m sure a few more will be along soon to offer advice !! I’m taking the 400mg ibuprofen. Is it the pressure or pain or both ? I tend to find of I can go to the toilet regular it helps with the pressure . I drink prune juice morning and night just to help and TONES of water X x x 

• Cheeky buggers!! 
    I have a pressure relief cushion. Took it everywhere for months. Ask the nurses.... made such a difference. Don’t need it nowWink where are you? X 

• My C is on the nerves so it's hurting constantly. I bought a deep memory foam mattress topper which helps if I lay on my left side. Xx