How I Told the World

• 22 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Dears, while my sense of humor is on a (hopefully temporary) leave of absence, I thought some of my fellow patients might be amused by the blog post I wrote, a couple of weeks after my diagnosis and about a week before I started treatment.

I'd like to do another in the same vein when I'm in remission. I'm assuming I'll feel perky enough by then.

https://suzsmuses.wordpress.com/2022/02/19/ive-got-whaaaaatttttt/

Suz

• Oh, thank you, Carole. You're in the thick of it now, aren't you? Hold fast!

• Thanks, Irene! I hope I get moved to write more. My muse seems to have shriveled right up (with, hopefully, my tumor......)

• Hey Suz!

Just had to say this is awesome, and your EUPHEMISMS!…fabulous!  Hoping you’re continuing to feel better and better in recovery!

Take care,

Red

• Hi thanks for posting this. I really had to laugh at the term 'leather starfish', never heard that one before!  Please let us know if you add to your blog, it's a wonderful tonic for us all. Bev x

1in1500
  • Absolutely brilliant and well written. I think that was my actual face when I was told…. Whaaaaaaat??????

I am a ridiculous prude. My husband always teases me about it and had to ask my team to stop using the world anal (urgh just writing it still makes me have that shiver…) and so I settled on calling it Alan Cancer. (Apologies to all Alans out there!!!). 

it made things much easier and actually amused us all… the radiographers thought it was a brilliant ice breaker and are going to use it going forward to hopefully give those, like me, who just cringe at it all (yes I know I’m utterly ridiculous). 

But when laughs are in short supply at that very worst time of your life.. it all helps. 

i wish you well and keep up the good humour!!! Xx 

• Hahaha , this has made me want to re-name this forum the Alan Cancer Forum Joy I too apologise to any Alan’s out there reading this! 

Nicola 

• Hi Suz, how are you? I am 5 years in August. Who hoo! Still trotting to the toilet pretty frequently at times, but otherwise OK. 
    love from your fellow blogger,

Pam 

Lady Tourelle

• Hi Pam!

I'm way better than I was, if less wonderful than I'd hoped. I rarely have a pain-free day, although I do have many where it's not bad. I"m still nervous at getting caught out needing a toilet on the go. I've got 'stuff' in my purse to manage, but I've become pathologically attached to having all my Things, including a bidet. Sciatica has been the unexpected not-very-nice gift to add to the mix.

But I'm in remission, and doing a lot-even most-of the things I did before, so I'm okay.

5 years! You're a warrior! And I love your blog.

Hugs

Suz

• Hi Pam I have just read your fantastical blogs. Why did I not see them before? Some people just have a talent for writing and you are one of them. It cheered me up no end this morning Julie

• Glad you enjoyed it! 

Lady Tourelle