No cure

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi everyone, I haven't posted much on here because I find it hard talking about it but I've had the devastating news that it's spread to my bone so they can't operate. I'm going next week to discuss chemo to hold it back. I'm absolutely devastated and don't know how to deal with it, my mind is in a total panic and I'm completely scared of how long I have left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

many thanks 

Marie 

• Hi Marie (),

I’m so very sorry to hear that you’ve received such devastating news. I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now. I’m presuming the spread is to your pelvis? I think the best idea right now would to maybe give the Macmillan helpline a ring so that you can physically talk with someone, you need some specific support in dealing with this news. Have you already joined the Secondary bone cancer forum? if not this would be a good idea as there will most likely be people there that are going through/been through something similar & also could relate with the kind of treatment you’ll be having. Once again I’m so sorry. 

Nicola 

• Hi Marie, I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. As Nikki said, I would call the McMillan help line to have someone who understands and could help lead you to a group that you could relate to and help with future treatment. 

I am Praying for you and if you need to talk please reach out to me. 

God Bless you, Theresa