PET scan yesterday - recurring pain and naughty lymph nodes

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

Anyone had recurring lymph node involvement? I finished treatment nearly 2 months ago. Just had to have an emergency PET scan yesterday as my two deep pelvic obturator lymph nodes are causing pain. Awaiting results from scan yesterday and wanted to know what to expect if they are still active.

Both were included in my radiation treatment so should have been nuked but left side one was 2.5cm and considered to be cancerous  but because of where it is they were unable to biopsy it. The right side one was just active.   

Many thanks! 

• Hi 

Alrhough I don’t have any personal experience of this I didn’t want your post to pass by & have you think that our support wasn’t there. I can’t recall anyone here having this particular problem but that’s not to say there’s not someone out there. Hopefully your PET scan results will be through quickly & your mind will be put to rest. If the lymph nodes in question were mapped into your radiotherapy fingers crossed it’s done it’s thing & it may just be inflammation that’s causing the issues. 

Nicola