Piriton

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi I've just completed a weeks course of higher dosage radiotherapy and although i was told the sife effects wouldn't start for three weeks they've started already. The itching is driving me mad & i finding it hard to sleep - although i was warned about the side  effects i wasn't given any advice on how to deal with them. Does anyone know if it's ok to take piriton to help with the itching?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear you’re already having problems. I reassured myself by thinking if it’s doing that to my skin imagine what it’s doing to the cancer.

Yes, piriton is really effective to help with itching.

I found warm salt or Epsom salt baths were very good, or just poured warm salted water over the sore bits when I was sitting on the loo.

hope you sleep better tonight 

xx

• Hi , 

Yes I totally agree with what Tungsten has said, Piriton offered me great relief from the dreaded itch & also the Epsom salt baths were really helpful. Also try & keep the area well moisturised, I was given QV cream which was like an aqueous cream & as soon as I got home from a daily radiotherapy session I would absolutely lather it on. 

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi. Yes, I took Piriton last thing at night and it was very effective and helps with sleeping.