I don’t have anal cancer but I like this group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

i know I don’t have anal cancer, but somehow I’ve got involved and I care about this group. May I join it?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

You are more then welcome to join our group. If you feel you’re getting something out of it, then it doesn’t matter than you don’t have the same cancer.

As you know we’re a rare breed so sometimes our forum can be a little quiet but, it also means you can build some good relationships and get to know people. Well as much as you can get to know someone online!

I will warn you that due to the nature of our cancer, things can sometimes get a little a graphic shall we say. Its all an education!

Are you a member of any other groups on Macmillan?

Sx

• Hi , 

I echo all that Sarah has said there. Welcome. I along with Sarah volunteer as a community champion to help support people in the group. Be prepared for a lot of talk about bottom business & often a good dose of toilet issues lol… if you’re ok with that & feel comfortable here then please feel free to hang around. Yes the majority of people here have AC but regardless of diagnosis we all have that common denominator that is unfortunately cancer & often as well as practical advice we all need some emotional support along the line too.

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Well bottoms up! My cancer affects me in that area too. I’m always bleeding in that private area.