Lack of ct.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all, I'm a bit concerned as when reading your posts, most of you have had ct or pet scan since having your treatment, I haven't had any scans since I had my chemo/radio at Bristol Royal Infirmary. 

I was transferred to Southampton and they have been very kind, but I still haven't had a scan. I'm due reconstruction as soon as I get a date at Salisbury hosp, this op is not done at Southampton. Any comments. Xx deb

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Did you not have scans 3 months, post treatment? if this is not the case, definitely query this with your medical professionals ASAP as the purpose of these scans is to see how your body has reacted to the chemo-radiotherapy. If this hasn’t happened I understand your concern, although things can vary between hospitals. I wonder if its something to do with your transfer?

Other than my 3 month post-treatment CT & MRI last Sept, I have not had any other scans, just my 3 monthly DRE’s. My scans are annual so the next ones are due this September. I’ve only ever had one PET scan when I was first diagnosed.

I’ve been speaking to another lady on here, she had her 3 month, post treatment scans and going forward won’t have any more scans. She will just have 3 monthly DRE’s.

You can also email the anal cancer surgeon directly via ‘Ask an Expert’ at the top of this page or try calling the free Macmillan help line for advise.

Sarah x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Sarah, nice to see you on both forums. I apologise, I've given you all  incorrect information. My Husband reminded me that the CT scan I had at Salisbury to check the blood supply to my abdomen also checked the anal and abdominal areas. It was after this that it was all systems go for an APR with the VRAM flap.

So apologies again, I would hate to give you all the wrong facts. Xxx deb

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

No problem at all easily forgotten when you have so much going through your head and to prepare for.

Have you had enough responses from people on the AC forum who have had APR’s? could you do with some more support? I can do what I can to find some other people for you to connect with.

Sarah x