Which cushions do i buy.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi all, what kind of cushion do I buy? Following the surgery I need to keep legs apart while I'm laying on my side. Thanks.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi , good to hear from you. I’ve just been reading back through old messages as I’m not exactly sure what surgery you’ve had. Regardless, recovering from surgery in such a sensitive area I imagine will be unpleasant.

When I was recovering from chemo-rad and my skin reaction was at its most severe, I borrowed a pregnancy pillow from a friend so I could sleep with my legs apart. You know those long pillows you can wrap yourself around. Other than making me feel hot, as it was summer at the time, it really helped me to get into a comfortable position. 

You must be relieved that the surgery is over, how are you feeling?

Sarah x

• Hi Deb, 

Looking back to your previous post your surgery is much more extensive than what I had, mine was just local resection that removed a small 2cm tumour & while I couldn’t sit for long & being on my side a normal pillow was all I required but I tend to agree with Sarah & maybe one of the pillows aimed at pregnancy care would be more suitable as your recovery is probably going to be longer than my own. Am I right in thinking you’re still awaiting surgery? If so I wish you the very best of luck & hope all goes well & you have a swift recover.

Nicola x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Thank you Nicola, yes I am still waiting for surgery, it should have been next Monday, but has been cancelled due to the lack of theatre time.

I dread the OP  but hate the wait.

Thanks deb xx

• Hi again Deb,

It’s dreadful the waiting isn’t it? regardless of if it’s for treatment to begin, surgery to happen or test results being delivered it’s all a really stressful time!

I can totally understand your quandary about dreading surgery but hating the wait, it’s a pretty big op you’re facing but on the plus side I see in your other post that you’ve had a colostomy for a while now so at least you’ll be used to handling that & it’ll be one less thing to get to grips with after your surgery.

I know you’re dreading it but I hope you get a date very soon & please stay in touch & let us know when you’re going in & how you’re doing. 

Nicola x