Scan - results

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Good afternoon everyone.

Just checking in. Had my 3 month scans this week. And now I'm full of aches and pains that I haven't had before and my brain is working overtime. Just reaching out to see how you all coped with that period. I have been feeling so well in myself. Feel like I'm so scared of what's to come. X

• Hi Feather to be honest I think healing is a bit of a roller coaster early post treatment where you are still finding out what works for you and what doesn’t. I can remember having a bearing down pain for quite some time after treatment and wondered if it ever goes away and it did. Tell your team you are struggling with the pain and take some nice warm bathers to help the muscles that have been affected. Do some pelvic stretches every morning and night to build up strength again and it does take time but you will get there. 

Julie

• Hello Feather 653

The scans and the stress they cause are guaranteed to introduce funny aches and pains that sets my mind racing and I don't think that will ever change and I am two years out of treatment. I wish I could offer some coping strategy but I can't, most of the time I am quite successful in carrying on with my life but as the three month marker gets close, I start getting the jitters and the accompanying peculiar twinges.  I think that the actual treatment takes a toll on our body and leaves after-effects that can take a long time to go, and some are permanent and just become part of our 'new life'.  Most of the time we don't notice them and learn to live with them, except around scan time!

I do hope that you don't have too long to wait for your follow-up appointment and have your mind put at rest.  I am keeping everything crossed for good results.

Irene xx