Results day + 1

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi everyone 

After nearly three months of worry and anticipation I received positive confirmation that my tumour is indeed cancerous.   

Whilst I would have preferred not to hear that news I was delighted to finally be told and put to bed the dread of the unknown.  

I have been told that there is no spread and it is contained within my rectum.   They want to shrink it and remove it with surgery afterwards.   

I was so pleased to hear that.   I met my McMillan cancer nurse at the hospital she was really supportive and did exactly what she said she would and I am thankful to have her in my corner and with her support I am sure she will help me through this time.  

it’s a worry for us all and I just wanted to say thanks to all who post in here it’s is a true help of support.   To those who stumble on our posts I’m sad you’ve had to come looking but know there is always the possibility of silver linings and you can be sure there is always the online community to call upon. 

Take care everyone and be kind to you and your loved ones during what is a difficult time. 

Andrew Mc 

• Andrew

I am truly pleased to hear your news - not, obviously that you have cancer but that you have a treatment plan to rid you of this disease.  This really is positive. 

And thank you for your lovely message to others on here; many people read, not all comment but it will reach them and give comfort.

And we are always here should you need support.  Please let us know how you get on.

Irene xx

• Hi Andrew, glad you have finally had a definitive diagnosis. You will now be able to plan for the weeks ahead and find support whilst having treatment. You will be able to find out on here what worked when managing skin reactions. As we all say on here get the famous sitz bath. 
    thank you for your kind words and we all pay a part in it as Irene says, some just come on here for support which is great and some give us some great tips. Keep in touch with your progress.

• Hi  ,

I'm so sorry that your results came back positive for cancer but as much as it’s not what any of us wanted to hear it’s a definitive answer & now you start the journey of ridding your body of this awful disease! 

it’s great to hear that your Macmillan nurse is being so supportive, it’s good to have someone there that you can call on when needs be. 

There really is no need to thank us either, we all found ourselves here for the exact same reason, we needed support through a difficult time, I found the support I received from this forum throughout my diagnosis & treatment so life changing that I decided to hang around to see if I could do for others what those wonderful people had done for me at one of the lowest points of my life. 

Please hang around here & let us know how you’re getting on & we can definitely pass on hints & tips regarding the radiotherapy & navigating your way through it but if your diagnosis is of rectal cancer opposed to anal cancer you may also find the Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum helpful, you can just click on this link & join the way you did here. 

You sound as though you’ve a positive attitude which is so very important especially when it comes to your recovery. Remember we’re here to support you however we can. 

Nicola