I'm back

• 7 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi guys , just came back to the fold to give my positive feedback on life after treatment. I have to admit it's been a bloody nightmare but it's 2 plus years in and I'm a happy bunny. I still have my issues but able to keep them to myself. Side effects I'm coping with. But bloody hell I'm still on the smallest dialator and no chance of a good time or smear test (not complaining about) haha

. I'm still working full time,  all day full of energy but I'm knackered  by the time I'm home.  To many this sounds negative but NO I'm saying these things because I'm moaning about the mundane boring things we as normal people do (that'sbrilliant we need to moan about normal) ..I do in life that I can and you can to. I want you to be able to think about moaning about the normal stuff. We cancer patients are meant to start eating seeds, colonic irrigation and goodness knows what. One of my good side effects is that I can eat as many cream cakes, pork pies and goodness knows what but my cholesterol levels and weight stays perfect for my height...how spooky is that!!! I haven't written this as my best but it's just a YAaay yaaay you can get through this. Xxx marie   2 years +

• Thanks so much, Mecca! I want to join you in a lovely British cream tea with many, many, many cakes!

Suz

• Hi  , thanks for the update & it’s great to hear you’re doing so well. Onwards & upwards. Tada

Nicola 

• Lovely to hear from you again, keep on with the cream teas and pork pies!

Irene xx

• Congrats! Thanks so much for this I'm 3 weeks in to treatment and so all encouragement is really welcome.

Linda

• Hi Mecca

Yaaay thats great to hear such positive news! Thanks for letting us know just love to read these good news posts. 

Yes it's good to be doing the ordinary everyday life things again and just be normal again! I'm almost a year post treatment and life is good a bit different but good Smile

I agree on the eating what you want and not putting on weight I'm the same and i love a cream tea got one booked after my year MRI on 16th August as a treat Cake

Keep happy

best wishes

Carole x

• It is always so, SO helpful to hear good updates!  It’s like the carrot dangling in front of each of us…to just keep going!  Thank you for sharing your good news and mundane complaints!

Best wishes,

Red

• Hello Marie what an uplifting post. I am coming up 2 years two months post treatment and doing well apart from a couple of glitches. Regarding using the dilators I too first had difficulty but I was referred to my local hospital pelvic physiotherapist. It might be worth you checking to see what your hospital provide for these problems. My first instructions was to do some pelvic stretches laying on your back opening up the pelvis and breathing deeply in between. There is a great connection between the brain signals and learning to let go down there. When you do pelvic floor exercises holding up your pelvic muscles they are just as important as being able to relax and let them release. Also the brain has to learn to recognise these muscles again. Another tip learned was either sit in the bath of warm water or the sitz bath for around fifteen minutes and relax the skin which becomes warm and more supple. Then personally I use the YES oil based lubricant and started by gently massaging the perineum and with your finger gentle let your body get used to feeling you inserting the slightest touch as when you are nervous of pain everything tightens up. Practice practice practice as it’s not a race and you will start to get used to feeling around there. I would advise you possibly seeing your doctor about a pelvic physiotherapist to check that everything is ok and it’s not actually something physically stopping you from using the dilators. Good luck