All finished!

• 4 replies
  • 35 subscribers

I went to the hospital today and have now completely finished my radiotherapy after 20 sessions instead of 28.

Had a long chat with my oncologist. Next step is a scan in roughly 5-6 weeks to see what’s going on inside. 

Could be a total or partial exenteration which I’m not too bothered about especially the partial one.

Just a waiting game now 

• Hi Cl4r3

I have been following your journey and am so very sorry that you’ve had such a stressfull, traumatic time ! Now that your decision has been finalised you can concentrate on recovering! I sincerely wish you well, and hope the treatment you’ve had is successful, My very best wishes Sue x

• Hi Cl4r3, I have also followed your posts and really can feel the anguish behind them. I am so sorry you have had to go through so much pain. I also decided against chemoradiotherapy and am having APR surgery on Thursday. I think that is similar to an exenteration although not as much is removed. My case is different as I also have Crohn’s disease which can affect the outcome of the radiotherapy in particular. However I totally understand where you are coming from being unable to complete the radiotherapy. I’m not sure I could have done it either and respect your decision. I really hope that what you have gone through so far will be enough.

• Hello Cl4r3

I am relieved that your oncologist is being helpful, now hopefully things will move forward and positively too, I am keeping everything crossed that your scans will be clear and there will be no need for any further treatment.  I hope you are feeling better in yourself too and that the additional pain meds have kicked in.

As you say, a waiting game - we are all used to that!

Irene xx

• Waiting games are so stressful- let's call this your rest break! You get to focus on tending yourself and recovering from the radiation. There's a reasonable chance that 20 sessions was enough and you won't need ANY exenteration!

That's what I want for you.

Hugs

Suz