Hi Guys.

• 7 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi Guys, 

Just posting to say thank you to the lovely ladies that helped me through that difficult time.... as for you newbies and those that are in the midst of the 'awful' period. I say this bPunchause I've been were you are and now life is sweet again PunchLeft facing fist I definitely went through the mill but I have got through it and yes I still have little niggles of worry and a man examining me in embarrassing places every 2-3 months but I just wanted to give you all the knowledge that it's a bloody hard thing to go through but it's worth it and even when you're at your darkest time..pooing yourself before you manage to get to the loo... peeing razor blades into a toddler potty on the loo and feeling fulfilled because you've been able to contribute to the evening meal by spending nearly an hour sitting on a stool peeling one potato Haha.  Love you all and just want to say BELIEVE xxxx

• Hi @Mecca what a lovely post, and such kind words.  So glad to hear things have picked up for you. Yes, it really is an incredibly tough time, mentally and physically, made worse I think by the fact this is a relatively rare cancer so it's hard to find others who have shared the same experiences. This site is worth its weight in gold. We can all relate to dreadful toilet times and the indignities of such a diagnosis but there is light at the end of the tunnel!  All the best, Bev x

• Hi Mecca,What a Lovely,encouraging post.I m so Happy you have overcome the awful challenges of this brutal Cancer.I can relate to everything you said,The pain,the toileting issues of which I,m still suffering,The embarrassing examinations ,and often the feelings of hopelessness..But I m "Believing" that in the end,it will all have been worth it it.I am 84 yrs of age and my Dr.didn't think I would be able to cope with it but I did,and Am still here.All the very best to you Mecca.xx

• I know I am in my 3rd week after 28 days off Radiation and 8 session of Chemo. Never thought I would be excited about pooing normally. I find singing a little song on the loo helps and Tesco sensitive moist wipes good only 70p a pack. 

• Oooh Blackpudding I would sing in my head every time I went to the loo as a distraction from the discomfort. I also used to sing in my head whilst having treatment and had one particular song I would go through and before I knew it the treatment session ended. We are fighters trying to get through this treatment the best way we can and have this wonderful site to help us. 

• Hi Belzy, I went through my treatment with a lady named Joan. She was 86 and is now doing great like myself. We both sat waiting together before our Radiotherapy sessions and we made a friendship geeing each other on and giving each other tips and advice. Good luck my dear xxx 

• That's so nice Mecca Thanks for sharing.x