Catch up from my appointment yesterday

• 5 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi lovely peeps. Sorry to be so long in letting you know how my appt went. Hubby is back in hospital after being allowed home on the Friday so have had a bit of a stressy few days. One of the surgeons wasn't happy with his blood test, suspecting he may have a sepsis infection and wanted him back in hospital for observation. They've done loads of tests on him and still can't make out what's caused his scary symptoms, but at least he's having a good health check and being waited onWinkGrin. 

Anyway saw the corectoral surgeon yesterday afternoon, told him about the blood and small lump on my anus. He assured me after examination that the lump was a skin tag, although it certainly didn't look like it to me. He also done an internal and stomach examination. He has put me forward for a colonoscopy which I'm having Thursday week, he was a little bit reluctant but I told him I would like to have it for reassurance, don't want to take any chances in case something is missed, and if there's anything suspicious at least it will be found. Had the phone call today and considering I only had my appointment yesterday, I'm really impressed at how quick they've responded, the NHS really do step up at times, we are so lucky to have it . He said my blood tests were all normal too, so a felt a little relieved on the way home. I will let you know the result of the colonoscopy. Thanks again for all your support you really are a great bunch, plus I've learned much more about cancer and the importance of early detection. Love to you all. Eirene.

• Hi Eirene (),

That’s all really positive news, hopefully the colonoscopy will come back clear too & you can get on living your life without the shadow of this awful disease hanging over you. 

I really hope that your husband makes a speedy recovery too. 

Nicola

• Thanks Nicola for your kindness and support xx

• Hi  message sent before I’d finished! Yes I would have said I wanted to go ahead with the colonoscopy too. Good news about the skin tag. In the future I would just keep an eye on it and any other changes I would report to the GP. Hope all is well with the colonoscopy and hopefully things will improve with your husband too. Bev x

1in1500
  • Thanks Bev. Will definitely be keeping an eye on skin tag to see if anything changes. I'm glad I'm having the colonoscopy just to make sure nothing else is going on. Unfortunately my younger brother died of colon cancer 3 years, so I'm well aware that catching any cancer early is crucial. Will let you know how it goes and thanks for your supportive posts. Wishing you the best xx