Celebrating!

• 15 replies
  • 44 subscribers

This post will hopefully keep this going through treatment and assure you there is light at the end of the tunnel...... I finished my treatment on 23/12/2020. Been through the mill like us all. Had Clap first MRI and CT scan last week and phone call this morning Re results. Both show NO sign of disease!ClapRofl
Smile
over the moon.... feeling very emotional because it is a tough journey. So 3 months on I am clear. My little b***** was 7cms. I did have very high dose radiotherapy as part of Plato trial. I am still having an examination under GA on 6/4 for them to double double check. 
I am so relieved. 
I have also completed my 25th day of the “Walk all over cancer” challenge and so far with gift aid raised over £4300. My return to the golf course is next Weds.  so stay strong- you can beat this. 
I would like to day a HUGE thank you to those on this site for the advice, guidance, support and laughs! You have helped in sooo many ways! Keep going everyone/ I’m off to celebrate..... Ruth xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ruth,

That's fabulous news, well done you!! I'm so happy for you. Smile 

• Truly fabulous news Ruth Xxxxxxxx

• Great news Ruth!  Congrats on your 25th day tooClapMuscle

• Hi   that really is excellent news, it just shows how effective this treatment is. Congratulations on your walking too and the £ raised. I shall raise a glass in celebration to you tonight! Bev x

• Fantastic news!! .. Overwhelming and a huge relief!! So pleased for you and well done you!! 
    Sharin Xx

• That is brilliant news. Well done you!

• Excellent news and its Friday !!

• Hi Ruth (), 

Thats incredible news, huge congratulations! Also congratulations on the fundraising! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement for those just starting out here, it’s a big help to hear from others that are through the other side & doing so well, congratulations again.

Nicola

• Ruth,

I'm so happy about your great news! I can only imagine the sheer relief and joy you feel. From 7cm to gone - this is such a hopeful post for all of us. I have my three-month check-up in two weeks, so I hold onto your great news as proof that the treatment works. It's such a worrying time waiting for the initial assessment of the treatment.

The money raised for "Walk all Over Cancer" is inspiring, and cheers to your upcoming golf day. I went back on the tennis court ten weeks after treatment and took a fall - I haven't fallen in about thirty years, but obviously, my flexibility and balance were not stellar. I'm letting my knee and shoulder heal up and I'll be right back on the court (but maybe with a more gentle approach).

Anyway, I'm thrilled for you. Enjoy your celebratory spring!

All the best,

Sarah          

• Reading these posts give me so much hope. Although I have not started any treatment yet I have been googling side effects from this kind of treatment (I know I shouldn’t). To be honest, even when the treatment finishes you get an impression that your life is pretty doomed to a life of treating the damage and normal life is over. Thank you.