New Diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Hi every one.

I had oral Acc 21 years ago and had extensive surgery in 2002. I have gone on to live a healthy life with only a few restrictions ie: limited opening of my mouth and quite a few nose operation caused by the radiotherapy. 

In August my sister was diagnosed with multiple cancers and unfortunately died on 16th September.  She did not have Acc.

I developed a hoarse voice and cough,  and had had antibiotics which hadn't worked . Whilst offered more tablets I was sent for an xray, which showed a shadow on the lungs. Further CT & PET scan shows 6 nodules. On the right four  3cm 11mm 8mm 12mm and two in right 8mm & 9mm.

I've had lung biopsy which was horrendous and had to stay in as couldn't stop coughing up blood. Consultant thinks Acc had returned but needs further tissue from another biopsy. Can't go through that again so they are trying a tube. Radiologist said it's 50/50 whether they can obtain sample this was so I'm waiting for appointment. 

Still grieving the loss of my sister and my world has been turned upside-down.  Consultant said I can't have surgery and that it's probably been there for a while,  I feel in total limbo. Can anyone please give me any guidance if they have had anything similar?.

Ps I am 59

Regards

Amanda

•  

Hi Amanda and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll both find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for tests and then the results is a very difficult time. I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for other members of the group to see it.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for your response, hopefully someone will reply to me and I can talk to people in the same boat