Daughter with ACC Lacrimal gland and lung mets.

• 9 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hello, my Daughter has just received a Diagnosis of AAC with localised perineural and bone involvement. Now told has lung mets and awaiting referral to the Christy to see Dr Metcalf. She is only young and I just wanted to reach out to anyone else with this diagnosis and their families. Sending support.

• Hi. I'm so sorry to hear this. My dad had this cancer. It is so very rare xx 

• Thank you for your response, so sorry your Dad had the same cancer. We are going to do loads of fundraising for Salivary gland cancer Uk and hopefully the team at Christie can work their magic. She is only 26, very lonely when it is such a rare cancer xx

• 26 is so young. We have been raising money for the Ella project at the Christie which is for ACC. My dad always said he'd never win the lottery but he'd get one of the rarest cancers. Sending you big hugs and prayers of strength for you all xx 

• Thank you so much. The Ella project is facilitating some amazing work. Sending you a huge hug back x

• Hi, so sorry to hear about your daughter. Yes it's difficult when there's not many of us around to talk about it because it's so rare, but I'm more than happy to connect with you while we are both on this journey. Hopefully it can help us both. I too get down not being able to talk to someone who knows what is happening. I see you talked about fundraising. If you would like Ike some help with that I'm happy to join in. One of the sad things about ACC I think is that because it's so rare so little fund raising happens. Dr Metcalf is brilliant, I'm sure you'll look like him and find him helpful. Please pass on my love and prayers to your daughter. Take care.

Ellt

• Hi Ellt, I would love to join forces, for both support and fundraising. We are attending the Salivary gland cancer Uk meet up on 4/2/23 in Manchester, you can join remotely too. All details on the Salivary gland cancer Uk website. Our fundraising page is linked to their 20-20 campaign and we have nearly raised £10,000. Myself and ten other members of the family are running Sheffield half marathon. The support we have recieved from our community has been overwhelming and a great source of strength. 

My daughter is very active on the ACC facebook page and is talking to patients from all over the world. They have many personal stories of living for years with secondary disease. 

You are not alone in this, sending fight, strength and love x

• Wow that's a fantastic effort well done you! I've struggled in knowing how to get started with fund raising. I did a sky dive for the Christie a couple of years ago before my terminal diagnosis, and I did a bit of running in the past but those days are gone now! I'll certainly have a look at the website and look at that meet up. 

Thank you for your messages of love and support. It's really helpful. 

Sending love and strength to you and your daughter. You will all be in my prayers.

Ellt

• Sky dive ! fantastic. We have done group walks, raffles and coffee mornings as fundraisimg in the past all with good results. 

If you email salivary gland Uk they will give you the venue or zoom details for the 4th. Hope to catch up with you there. 

Your family are in our thoughts. 

• Yes I've emailed for the details thanks so hopefully be there, if only virtually! 

Take care.

Ellt