I am an AML survivor .

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I was diagnosed with AML in April 2020 and received my Bone Marrow Transplant in October 2020 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community.. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the journey rather well.

Great to hear that Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) did the job for you. I had two Allo Stem Cell Transplants (BMT) June 2014 then in Oct 2015 and I remain in remission to this day.

There are a few folks on here and in our dedicated Stem Cell Transplant support group who are navigating or been through SCT so worth having a lot ok through the various threads.

I have had a few bumps in my post SCT journey (see my story in the link below) but I am turning 68 next month and doing great.

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike , it’s alway good to know that there are others out there to talk too . Now after 3 yrs I am pretty well normal again although I still get HVGD . 
    yes I had a few hiccups in the first year with CMV so I had to spend a lot of time on the ward having anti virals .

take care 

Dawn .