my wife

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

My wife Janette was diagnosed with AML one month ago. the consultant advised against chemo as it would only have a 30% chance of success and she would probably have to spend what little time she had left in hospital. She decided not to go for the treatment but be at home. The only thing she is getting at the moment is blood transfusions. I'm not sure if she made the right decision. I asked if there were any new trials ongoing but unfortunately he said not at the moment.

• Hi , sorry to hear this news but if anyone knows about new treatments it will be the consultants. 

The focus now is spending time together and enjoying the time you have together.

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service can give lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge