Rydapt and sickness

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello,

I was diagnosed with AML in July 2020 at the age of 24. After 4 rounds of intensive chemo as an inpatient I have been in remission since dec 2020. 

since then I have been given midostaurin (rydapt) I take 100mg a day. Apart from the obvious awful smell and size I’m finding the nausea very hard to cope with. I take ondanststron which isn’t too useful and metoclopramide which does seem to help a bit more. 

has anyone had any experience with this and found anything that helps with the sickness? Thanks Jess

• Jess  welcome to this corner of the Community.

I am dropping in past from our lymphoma groups just to say Hi.

I am a few years out from my treatment and honestly we had to try lots of different types of anti sickness meds.... as it was like we found one that worked then within a week it was not working so went onto the next plan, then the next..... Smirk

Lets look for some of the AML folks to be looking in and to give you some help based on their experiences.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi! Thank for the response I’m really struggling to even take them unfortunately I have another 7 months I can’t stand them!! I’m going to speak to my consultant about it as I’m not sure if I can continue taking it. I was previously advised I have flt3 tkd but these tablets do not change my relapse rate. 

jess x 

• Hi Jess, do talk with your team as there are lots of meds that can be used. I was on Immunosuppressants for 4 months after each of my SCTs and they were horrible...... but I had no option

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thank you it’s good to hear you pushed through it well done it’s so difficult !