Partner Recent Diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi All,

My partner was diagnosed about 4 weeks ago now with ALL (Philly+), he is now undergoing chemo and taking it like a absolute champion. He is 30 and I am 27 so its been a lot to take in, I was just looking for a place to share experiences and just chat a little. It feels a little like we have been hit but a bulldozer but taking each day as it comes.

Thanks! 

• Hi

Sorry to hear that your boyfriend has been diagnosed with ALL.. I am sure it was a massive shock and then suddenly you have been thrown into a world of treatment and medical terms as well.

I was diagnosed with ALL in 2012 when I was 42 and also just tried to take one day at a time. I went into remission quite quickly and then had a stem cell transplant in May 2013. Life for me is very much normal now but it did take a good 18 months from diagnosis until I started to get back to a more normal way of life. You can read about my experience by clicking on my profile HERE

The treatment can be tough at times but if you take one day at a time then you can come out the other side with a good outcome. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for getting back, its really good to read your story. That is so good to hear, it is great to have you as part of this community and will be sure to ask any questions as and when they pop up.

Thanks again!