Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

My partner has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer which has spread out side to the bones, he has just had his 2nd cycle of Chemotherapy. We had all ready booked a holiday to Spain the end of March which the consultant is happy for us to go on but the travel insurance we had has declined him. We normally take an annual insurance out but the quotes I’ve had so far for single or annual are £1000. Please could anybody recommend any company’s. 

• Hello sky blues. There is a dedicated travel insurance site within the forum but I have the same condition as your partner and found "Insurancewith" to be very good. The only problem I foresee is that they probably want to know your partners psa and I think your body has to settle down for a while after chemo before the reading is accurate.

Hopefully someone else may have better info but look at the travel insurance site and post there.

Good luck, hope it pans out for you. X

• Sorry sky blue, I see that you are on the travel site. I am old and useless, apologies.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your partner has been diagnosed with prostate cancer which has spread to his bones. However, it's great that his consultant is happy for you to continue your planned holiday.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis.

I can see that you've already had a recommendation from Norberry and I wondered if you'd had chance to look through the member's stories thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your partner's diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance.

I do hope that you can find some insurance and at you have a lovely trip

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Thank you very much for your help and advice i did notice a few people have mentioned insurancewith so I will definitely try them first and contact his Oncologist for his recent psa. Thank you x