Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hey all. I’m looking for advice on travel insurance for my mum who has brain cancer glioblastoma we are travelling to Latvia for treatment in March so I need it ASAP. Does anyone have any recommendations please? X

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has been diagnosed with glioblastoma.

Unfortunately I think you'll find it very difficult to find an insurance company who will be willing to provide your mum with travel insurance as travelling abroad for treatment is usually a standard exclusion.

You could take a look at this thread, where the original poster was looking to travel to Germany for treatment, and contact the posters to see if they were able to find any company that would provide cover.

I don't know whether you've had a chance to look through the member's stories thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. These are companies who have provided reasonably priced travel insurance for people who have cancer but I don't know if any of them will provide you with the cover that your mum needs.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your mum's diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance.

Let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank u xx