Travel Insurance for travelling to Germany for treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi, 

Myself and my wife will be travelling to Germany for immunotherapy treatment for her. I called a broker and they told me no one will insure her for travelling for treatment in a foreign country.

Is she correct? I understand the reasons behind them not insuring her but was wondering if anyone knew any different? 

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

If you go the Travel insurance blogs you can see what other members have been talking about and their own experiences with travel insurance.

Another way of looking for information is to use the search bar near the top of the page to search for old threads covering what you're looking for.

For European destinations Eurotunnel is usually very competitive but I've just had a look at their conditions and, if I've read it properly, I think it says you're not covered if going abroad for treatment.

Anyway, this list will give you a starting point.

Best wishes to you both

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks for the information. It’s proving very difficult to find insurance if travelling for treatment. I guess we’re just going to have to bite the bullet and travel with no insurance.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Have  you got your EHIC as it will give you some cover, make sure it’s in date!

Good luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi randomhero83

Have had the same problem trying to Insure for treatment abroad and come to the same conclusion as yourselves.

Also been asked if it's a terminal illness, which also precludes from getting insurance cover.

They can't understand that is why we are seeking cutting edge treatment abroad, which is not available in the UK.

Good luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Linda

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi. Did u manage to get any travel insurance please? We are in the same situation x