Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi went on holiday couldn't get travel insurance other that stupid quots all above  £3.500 for 11days went without relied on E111

• Hi and welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know whether you looked through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. I know it's too late for your recent holiday but might be helpful for next time.

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the dates of your treatment to hand along with details of any medication and any future planned treatment.

The NHS doesn't recommend that you rely on your EHIC card if you holiday in Europe as it doesn't cover you for cancellation of your holiday, lost or stolen luggage or the cost of being flown home if you were taken ill and needed to be brought home. It's also currently warning that your EHIC card may only be valid until 31 October if we leave the EU without a deal in place. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"