Travel Insurance enquiry for a trip to America with a palliative diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi

Has anyone been successful in securing Travel insurance to America with a diagnosis of palliative metastatic breast cancer?

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

Unfortunately it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you either have cancer or have had it before. 

I don't know if you've had a look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance. Either scroll down the page to it or click on the link I've created. Whilst they're not recommendations specific to your diagnosis they would be a good starting point.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to complete an online form. 

I do hope that you're able to get travel insurance organised so that you can go to America.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Paula I managed a 10 day trip to Las Vegas in 2017. Insurance obtained from InsuranceWith. The cost was £440 which was about double what I paid when I just had primary BC (and obvs 10 times what I paid before I had cancer LOL)

Good luck.