Recommendations for Travel Insurance

• 6 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to the group and would appreciate any advice or recommendations for travel insurance. 

My wife has recently completed chemo and radiotherapy after a lumpectomy operation for breast cancer. 

If that wasn’t enough I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and have recently completed radical radiotherapy. 

We would now love to get away on holiday to aid our recovery.  Travel Insurance is a must of course so any advice or suggestions would be welcome. 

Many thanks in anticipation. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when a cancer diagnosis is involved.

Have you had a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as you'll find lots of suggestions for travel insurance there? It was started over 6 years ago now and, as there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to go through and make a list before settling down to contact the insurance companies.

I do hope that when you know you can get insurance, you book and have a lovely holiday 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook,

Thank you for the welcome. I’ve found this community very helpful.  I’ve been able to secure travel insurance at a very reasonable cost on recommendations from this site. I’ve settled with InsuranceWith, affordable and excellent cover. Had ridiculously high quotes from All Clear and Stay Sure, so a big thank you to the MacMillan community for their help and support. 

Merc 250

• That's great news. I hope you have a lovely time.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Travel to Spain Nov 2024.  I have Prostate Cancer and my wife is recovered from breast cancer - all must be notified.  Used InsuranceWith website  and selected Emerald Insurance - cost £165.17   What a relief!

• I can endorse the recomendation of Insurancewith. I took the company from views on this site. Both my wife and I are cancer sufferers. I only have single trip now. I think that is understandable. I only seek France cover. I had heart failure September 2023. A substantial claim. Loss Adjusters Collinsons handled thing well.

They insured on next trip April 2024 and again for September just arranged.

Questionaire starts differently now. First question ......Not "what is your illness" bu now it is "what are your drugs" then the questions follow. Cleaver I think as people can always recall those daily pills or tresatments!

I was with Staysure for about 10 years but they cut me off with no consideration. Several other declined.  My wife is a cure but I am Stage 4.

So good luck

• Many thanks for the recommendation.

Was diagnosed with Head & Neck cancer in March this year. Nervously awaiting my post-treatment CT scan and results - scan due 17th September.

Holiday booked to Spain for 13th October which we've been looking forward to but some of the quotes for Insurance were astronomical.

Got it with InsureWith thanks to this forum for just £38.64 which is much better than I was getting quoted elsewhere.

Thanks again Slight smile