Travel insurance with bowel cancer

• 2 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi I had an operation and precautionary chemo for bowel cancer, I have just had scan results showing tumours on my liver. I am starting chemo soon and am looking to go abroad (Europe) but every insurance company I have called has refused me except two which have quoted £1000-£2000 for a week away. Has anyone advice for insurance companies to try? Thanks 

• Hello Julie33,

I had vulva cancer in 2022 and like you went to get travel insurance and the price was very expensive. I was told to try my bank so my husband completed the forms on line with the Nationwide and was told to call which he did as we needed screening.  Spoke to a lovely lady who advised that there would be no additional costs for my cancer.  So now we pay monthly for our travel insurance £13.00 which also includes breakdown cover on the cars and cover for our phones, laptops and iPads. We was well pleased.  Suggest you give them a try. Good luck and have a lovely holiday.

• Hi  

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to get reasonably priced travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis.

If you haven't found any yet, can I suggest you take a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, as that's where you'll find lots of recommendations for travel insurance companies that will insure people with cancer? Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"