Travel insurance during treatment

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi,

Please can I ask if anyone was able to get insurance to travel during their chemo treatment? My husband will have had round 4 of 6 about 2 weeks before we are due to travel to Italy  for our 25th wedding anniversary and then resume on our return.

We are leaving it very much to the last minute as we are not sure whether he will feel like travelling anyway and we may have to cancel, but if he doesn't experience too many side effects we both agree it's what we need right now. As we are travelling independently, we had booked everything so that hotels could be cancelled 24 hours prior to travel anyway and the flights were free with Avios points, so we won't lose out financially. However, as the diagnosis was very sudden, and a late stage diagnosis, we really want to go.

Thank you.

• Hi  

I didn't take out travel insurance until after my chemo treatment had finished so I don't have any personal recommendations I'm afraid.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where you'll find lots of recommendations for travel insurance companies that will insure people with cancer? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"