Prostate cancer holiday insurance

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in January. He has no symptoms at all. It has spread to his lymph nodes. He also has diabetes type two and high blood pressure he has another cancer which is very low-grade called Essential thrombocytopenia We have tried a few insurance companies and are quite shocked at the cost ranging from 700 to 900 for a two week cruise any recommendations, please?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be much harder to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you, or someone you're travelling with, has had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

I have used payingtoomuch.com and goodtogoinsurance.com in the past, although not for a cruise which I understand can be expensive as there's always the possibility that the insurance company would have to pay for your husband to be airlifted off the ship if he became ill.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much. I will look into the links and hopefully find something suitable.