Insurance cover for me but Mum has terminal Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

I have seen this asked before but can't see an answer unfortunately.

My mum got diagnosed last week with terminal Cancer.  She has been given 6 months :(

I am due to go on holiday in two weeks time and am trying to find cover to protect me in case I need to cancel or cut short my holiday.  I have spoken to a couple of insurance companies who say they can only cover with a GP letter saying they do not beleive she will deteriorate that quickly, but her GP won't provide a letter Disappointed or the insurance company have said no as it's an existing thing Disappointed - not helpful!

Anyone looked into this and got a positive outcome?

I go in 2 weeks for 2 weeks.

Many thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

This question gets asked from time to time here but unfortunately no one has ever come back to say whether they've been successful or not in getting the type of insurance cover you require Disappointed

The only thing I can suggest is to make a list of the recommended travel insurers from this list and phone any that you haven't already been in touch with.

Please, please do come back and give us an update one way or another.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"