Insurance companies with good support when needing to claim?

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

I have Hairy Cell Leukaemia and my wife and I have not travelled abroad since my diagnosis three years ago. We would like to travel now but my wife is understandably nervous about having access to support if I got unwell whilst we were away given that we tend to travel independently. 

Has anyone any experience of a travel insurance company whose helpline - or general approach to support when you need to access medical care abroad - has been especially good please? I am thinking of things like speaking to hospitals abroad, arranging treatment and so on?

Thanks in advance !

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't had to make a claim to use travel insurance for medical assistance abroad but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I did have to make a claim when I had to cancel a holiday because of a cancer diagnosis and the company I was using, payingtoomuch.com, explained what I needed to do and settled the claim.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for the bump - and the welcome - both very much appreciated!