Travel insurance premiums

• 3 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help.  

I have recently started immunotherapy and my husband and I are looking to go on river cruise in Europe.

I seem to be getting refused for cover due to this.

Does anyone have any ideas. This would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis but there are plenty of people, including myself, in this forum who have been successful.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

I haven't needed insurance while I was undergoing treatment, or for a river cruise, but I've used used payingtoomuch.com and goodtogoinsurance.com in the past.

Do let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you, I will try this.

• Hi, cruises add a lot of risk for an insurer, you could become ill halfway up a fjord and need a helicopter evacuation. 

Same goes for places like the Caribbean when often you would need a transfer to a bigger medical facility - which could need a plane or a helicopter again.  

Maybe re-look at cruises once your treatment has stopped.