Travel Insurance for 2 weeks in the USA

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

I have been diagnosed with pancreated cancer, and my chemotherapy is due to start towards the end of April. Meanwhile, I would like to travel to Florida to deal with a property there that I need to sell. My current insurance has told me they can't insure me, and two others I have tried have refused to give me a quote. I am 76, in good health otherwise. Any suggestions?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis but there are plenty of people, including myself, in this forum who have been successful.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"