Travel insurance for stage 4 cancer

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi there, I have just joined macmillan today to try and help with finding some travel insurance. My adult daughter has just been diagnosed with stage 4 brain tumour, we want to go on a cruise as a family but I have only managed to find one company that will quote and that is allclear who want £4500! I would appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to get reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis but there are plenty of people, including myself, in this forum who have been successful.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"