Travel Insurance when on Immunotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi Everyone

My 80 year old father is 6 months into a course of immunotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma. He's been fine with it and not had any complications. He's now keen to go on holiday to France.

Has anyone had any luck in getting travel insurance for Europe whilst undergoing immunotherapy? Thanks 

• Hi Victoria I went to Cyprus last year and used InsuranceWith.

This year I'm planning a week's holiday in France so have been online for a quotation (again using Insurance with ) and it was even cheaper this time £80. I am younger than your father but have been on immunotherapy and chemo for nearly 2 years.

Have you asked his oncologist for a fit to travel letter ? It may help?

Good luck and hope your father manages to get away soon

Caroline 

• Hi Victoria1981, I finished immune therapy last year and decided I want to go on holiday this year as 2023 was taken up with surgery, immunotherapy and various hospital hospital appts. I found a company called insurefor.com, thry we’re very reasonable too so now I feel so much better that I have insurance and covers for cancer patients. I can send you a list of others if you want to connect with me, just send me a PM and I’ll send you list. Hope it helps 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis but there are plenty of people, including myself, in this forum who have been successful.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"