Advice needed. Can't get insurance

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

We have been informed my husband has a slow growing cancerous lung nodule. As he is still undergoing tests for next few weeks, nobody will Insure us. He has other medical issues as well but it's the lung nodule that's causing the issues with insurance. I should add his lung cancer is very small and causing no issues. He may receive some radiotherapy for a short while but no other treatment.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company who can help, or one who can exclude cancer from the policy, as I believe some companies can do this.

Thank you.

• I have also responded against my post you commented on.  I would talk to Insure Cancer and see what they can do.  I am afraid the insurance company don't like uncertainty.  We have managed to get cover but it is subject to a confirmation that the doctor is still happy for him to travel the week before we go plus a few more hurdles.  Worth a chat with them as they talk directly with the underwriters.

• I have also responded against my post you commented on.  I would talk to Insure Cancer and see what they can do.  I am afraid the insurance companies don't like uncertainty.  We have managed to get cover but it is subject to a confirmation that the doctor is still happy for him to travel the week before we go plus a few more hurdles.  Worth a chat with them as they talk directly with the underwriters.

• Thank you for your advice. I'll wait a few weeks till his investigations are over. Hopefully I can get a letter from his consultant to say he is fit to travel