Travel Insurance for the Undiagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi All

I was told back in November that I may have eye melanoma, but it was impossible to say for certain and I was offered proton beam therapy or I could wait 6 months to monitor growth 

I chose to wait for 6 months but in the meantime I have a holiday booked to America, and every insurance company I speak to won’t cover an illness that hasn’t been diagnosed yet

Any advice appreciated 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you're being investigated and don't have a firm diagnosis. 

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Most people recommend that you phone the companies rather than do the quote online as it gives you a chance to explain 'things' to a person rather than wondering how to answer a question online. Also, sometimes you can get to the end of a lengthy online quote only to be told that you need to ring the company before they can give you a quote anyway.

I do hope you can get insurance so that you can continue with your holiday plans.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"