Travel Insurance with Lung Cancer Metastatic

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi - Trying to find Insurance to go away to Spain region/canary islands - been to all of the recommended sites as advised but the amount is madness £2800 plus for 1 week just for him. My partner is really well at present and has Lung cancer which has spread to lymph nodes in chest & Stomach and botton of his spine. Scans showing cancer unchanged since last scan 5 months ago. He really wants to get away to the sun before he becomes unable to go.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to hear that your partner is really well at the moment so a holiday to Spain sounds lovely. Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be harder to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

When you say that you've "been to all of the recommended sites as advised but the amount is madness" do you mean that you've tried all the companies that have been recommended in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread? If not, do take a look through as there are lots of recommendations from people who've successfully got reasonably priced insurance. As there are lots of suggestions, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

It's usually best to phone the companies rather than do the quote online as it gives you a chance to explain 'things' to a person rather than wondering how to answer a question online. Also, sometimes you can get to the end of a lengthy online quote only to be told that you need to ring the company before they can give you a quote anyway.

I do hope you can get some reasonably priced insurance and that you have a lovely holiday.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"