Travel insurance for brain tumour with terminal prognosis

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find travel insurance for my wife with a terminal prognosis from a brain tumour, she has been given 18-36 months and we want to do as much as we can in the short term but are hitting a brick wall wherever I look, has anyone been able to get cover with terminal brain tumour or am I wasting my time and have to come to terms with never travelling again with my wife.

Thanks all.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. However, there are lots of people in this group who've got insurance and are enjoying holidays.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. There are lots of recommendations there so it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Most people recommend that you phone the companies rather than do the quote online as it gives you a chance to explain 'things' to a person rather than wonder how to answer a question online. Also you'll need to check what the travel companies definition of terminal is as some class you as terminal if you have been given 6 months while others class terminal as 12 months.

I do hope that you can get some travel insurance so that you can start planning your holiday.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"