Travel insurance for short UK stay?

• 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Has anyone had any good results for a short stay UK travel cover?  An event which we used to find reliable has now demanded an 8-week cancellation or we lose our money. Meanwhile, my husband is recovering fro two (separate) lots of cancer treatment over the last year, and I am about to get what may be some unwanted news about my cancer ... so we dont know what is going to happen, and can't just go and buy something cheap and easy.

• Hi  

Unfortunately it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when a cancer diagnosis is involved. 

I haven't bought travel insurance to cover UK holidays but you'll find lots of recommendations for travel insurance companies in the Recommended Travel Insurance thread. If you haven't looked through it yet, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of companies mentioned, your best bet is to make a list and then work your way through them. 

I do hope that you can get the travel insurance that you want and that you have a wonderful time. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you Latchboork.

I thought that was where I was posting! Oh dear.

I went to the link you supplied - that now also seems to be defunct, and points instead to a thread called   https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/travel-insurance-forum/f/travel_insurance/254526/recommended-travel-insurance-2023#pifragment-13906=9    Where it was very difficult to find the latest postings as they don't show at the foot of the page. Also I couldn't see any way to post a new post other than Reply.

I will make a note that the thread has changed. Thank you.

Best wishes

Helen

• Hi  

The thread I pointed you to is not defunct, you just can't add any more recommendations to it. It is still the most relevant one to look through for recommendations as the other one has had very few added to it yet. 

You do not need to reply to the threads unless you end up getting insurance through a company that has yet to be recommended.

I hope this has cleared things up for you but if you need any further help please get back in touch.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"