Travel insurance for prostrate cancer - post treatment

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

My first diagnosis of prostrate cancer was PSA 36 metastatic prostrate cancer. Tha cancer had spread, metastatic in pelvis and spine as well as lymphadenopathy.

I received chemotherapy as well as darolutamide and 3 monthly hormone therapy injections. 

My lastest MRI scan has shown a complete response involving bony metastasis (pelvis and spine) and moderate reduction in lymphadenopathy, my PSA has reduced to 0.01.

I am continuing with the darolutamide and hormone therapy injections. 

My question is, would the recent MRI scan results help reduce my travel insurance premium?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to read that your latest MRI scan has shown a complete response.

I don't know whether insurance companies would ask to see your most recent MRI scan, as I haven't had any, and whether it would reduce the premiums. However, when you're ready to investigate travel insurance do have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread as there are lots of recommendations for reasonably priced travel insurance there. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on as it would be helpful for others in future to know if MRI scans are taken into account and if they reduce the price.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"