Travel Insurance for dad

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi peeps 

I need help if anyone can please ?? 
my dad has recently had surgery for bladder cancer and need further surgery in approx 6 weeks . He is supposed to be going to Benidorm for a short break with my husband  the beginning of next month He also has other CoMorbidities . All the companies I have spoke to will not offer cover for him because he is waiting for further surgery . The team looking after him know he is supposed to be going and have not advised against travel . Can anybody help please ?? Am I likely to find anywhere to accept him ?? He needs this break . He is so deflated at the minute .

kind  regards 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have any experience with getting travel insurance while waiting for surgery and it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. I'm presuming that the insurance company he took out cover with when he booked his holiday will no longer cover him.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. There are lots of recommendations there so it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"