Problem with Insurancewith

• 9 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Following recommendations here, I'm trying Insurancewith for an anual policy for Spain.

I have a stoma from bowel cancer but have been given the all clear.

When I try to put his in on the web site and select not waiting for any more treatment it simply goes round and round with a plane circling a globe?

Anyone else had problems with is web site?

• Hello LenC

I have found with personal experience it's easier to give them a ring and go through your diagnosis with a human being - it's easier and less time wasting and you ensure they have the correct information on the proposal form.

I hope this helps.

best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Brian,

Gave them a call and the result was unbelievable!! Spent ages going through all the questions and at the end of it all I got a quote for £320 for annual multi trip!!

Other online quotes were well over £1200.

• That's great - a happy ending.

Enjoy your holidays - it's interesting flying - I flew a few times with a catheter - if you are flying remember to pick up a sunflower lanyard from the airport disability desk - this will speed you through security and boarding.

Thanks for your response - it makes it all worthwhile knowing we have been able to help, however small the help is.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Can anyone get the lanyard ? my husband had his stomach out due to stomach cancer and not standing in Qs would be helpful, do you have to show anything. Thanks 

Sue Xx
  • Hi Sue

At all the big airports, Manchester don't forget I am "up North", Heathrow and Gatwick each terminal has a disability desk in the check in halls - Manchester has one in each terminal. When I got my sunflower lanyard I didn't have to  produce  anything but took my diagnosis letter just in case. You can also request a wheelchair there to take you from the check in to the boarding gate if you need one.

If you use that online retailer named after a South American river and enter "Sunflower Lanyard" into the search box you can get one sent out by post for £2 or £3 with no proof of disability. 

Best wishes and enjoy the holiday -- it sounds like you deserve one!

Brian,

(gosh - I have just read your journey - you two have been in the wars - and you are from the North!)

Community Champion badge

• Thanks @Millibob ( I can never get it to tag people ) I’ll get one just in case we have to use it, at the moment things are ok, but in this world you never know do you. Thanks x

Sue Xx
  • Hi Sue

It's a good idea - it enables you to go through fast track security and some airlines have a disability check in and respect the Sunflower Lanyard. Some do early boarding for you so you are not being rushed!

(To tag someone just click on @ and then when the option opens up in the new window just click on their name)

I don't really do computers - I have had to learn quite a bit to do the "Community Champions job". It's hard this modern technology when you are 67!

Best wishes - Brian x

Community Champion badge

• Hi LenC. I have just got an amazing annual Multitrip Policy for Insurewith too. I went thru it all with a call handler, then had the night to sleep on it. Did it online the next day and got automatic 15%discount!

One thing that I did discover though is that different Insurers interpret European Travel in different ways. Malta, Spain and (I think) were additional with Insurewith but it still came out at less than £120 for a year, and cover includes Follicular NHL for which I have just finished 6 mths treatment.

• I think the call handlers are brilliant. Mine took about 45 minutes to sort out but a very good result at the end. Like you I waited till next day and did it all on line and also got the 15% discount.