Immunotherapy to prevent cancer coming back and travel insurance

• 4 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi

Ive had a cancerous kidney removed and am about to start immunotherapy with pembrolizumab. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of booking travel insurance in this situation, Im due to go away at the end of October and my first treatment is 11th September.

I now can tell them that I dont have cancer as such but Im being treated to try and prevent it coming back. Ive been advised by the cancer nurse that I need to flag this up with the insurance company because of possible side effects when Im away.

Thanks

• Hi  

I don't have any experience with getting travel insurance while undergoing immunotherapy but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. However, there are lots of people in this group who've got insurance and are enjoying holidays.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. There are lots of recommendations there so it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thats very kind of you to come back, Im compiling a list now and Ill contact a few of them to see what they say.

Thanks again

• Having been refused for travel insurance i came to this site several months ago and found "insurancewith" who was not only very helpful but gave me an annual policy! at some cost of course and for mainland europe only. But that was what I wanted. I am in palliative care and have to seek permission of my consultant to travel but still able to drive length and breadth of France Italy Spain Portugal Switzerland etc  Just slower now!

• Hi Bishop

Lovely to hear from you and keep up the travelling, Ill certainly check out "insurancewith' as I havent got sorted yet.

Syd