Travel Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi 

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company please 

I have stage 4 metastatic Lung cancer and i want to go on a Caribbean Cruise next March 2024 and i have tried a few but got refused insurance from "Staysure" and "Our Travel" said cost would be £5'900 which is absolutely ridiculous

Thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A Caribbean cruise sounds like a lovely idea but unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to go through the thread, make a list and then sit down with a big cup of tea before you start phoning around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"