Travel insurance for the USA (and other places)

• 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a good day.

I recently had Lymphoma and my current annual policy won't cover me. I am now in complete remission and I have a work trip to the USA in a couple of weeks. Anyone have advice on who to use to cover me for short(ish) single trips like this? I do travel a lot with work (mostly Europe) so is it worth looking for a yearly coverage for all my trips.

Thank you. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your current annual travel insurance policy doesn't cover you since you've been diagnosed with lymphoma.

It can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis, so can I point you in the direction of the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, where you'll find recommendations from people who have successfully got travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to go through the thread, make a list and then sit down with a big cup of tea before you start phoning around.

I don't know if the companies that have been recommended also do cover for business trips but you could ask when you phone for a quote.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, thank you for the information and I will take a look.

I am sorry this is such a dumb question, but I just can't get my head around what I am actually trying to get additional insurance for? In my head travel insurance is about risk and the higher the risk, the more likely additional costs etc to insure. What risks do I have as someone who has been told I'm in complete remission and there is no currently no cancer in my body? What could I possibly do to need assistance when I am overseas that would mean claiming on my insurance? 

I hope that makes sense. Cheers. 

• Hi  

I don't know the answer to your question but do know that, in my case, the longer the period of time after finishing treatment the cheaper my insurance has become.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"